- What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi permanent technique using color pigment drawn onto the skin using a disposable blade, giving you natural looking eyebrows. The technique used is natural feathering of hair like strokes creating a beautifully designed brow. It’s like imitating your hair growth into fine lines and filling the gaps thus defining a 3D definition with a fuller and thicker finish. You are not a good candidate if you have very LARGE pores or Severely Oily Skin. Your results will appear softer/solid or powdered looking.
- Is Microblading the same as eyebrow tattoos?
No, definitely not. The work involved with eyebrow embroidery is only performed on the skin surface. Microblading will be a MUCH SAFER treatment than eyebrow tattoos. This technique deposits colored pigments in the upper layers of the dermis. The color can also be adjusted in alignment with the original eyebrow hair color, which results to a realistic look and feel. It is a method whereby colors are inserted to the upper layers of the skin where it lasts only 1-2 years depending on the skin retention of colors. The process will take around 2-3hrs.
- Is the procedure painful?
Pain is relative. We use the most effective topical anesthesia’s available.
There are several things to consider prior to your procedure, no caffeine, no alcohol, do not schedule your appointment around your menstrual cycle as all of these make you more sensitive.
- Are there any contraindications for PMU?
Yes, if you are under a physician’s care we want you to obtain a release written on their prescription note pad stating that it is safe for you to have a procedure performed. Your health care provider will know if you will heal without any complications. If you are prone to infections or have a compromised immune system.
Contraindications include but are not limited to: Blood thinners, heart medications, aspirin or products containing aspirin, medications for any disease like diabetes, lupus or any autoimmune disease. Also any vitamins or supplements that thin the blood would need to be stopped prior to your procedure but only with the consent of your health care provider.
- What will my brows look like post procedure?
Your eyebrows will look beautiful, but can seem overwhelming for the initial week. Depending on how many times we had to go over an area to implant the pigment, your skin may show very little signs of trauma or may be swollen and red. The area will appear darker at first because of the blood and lymph that has been brought to the surface during the permanent makeup application. The procedure area tissue will crust a bit and this tissue will slough off usually within 5-7 days leaving you with a softer color. This will be repeated at your touch up appointment. The color will fade between 40-70%.
- How will the shape of my eyebrows be determined?
Your facial features and bone structure is measured to determine the best eyebrow shape for your face. The eyebrow is first drawn with makeup, then the client can decide if she likes how thick it is, where its positioned, if the arch is perfect and if the overall shape is what they desire. Only after the client has approved and is satisfied with the drawn shape will the permanent procedure begin.
- How do I care for my brows after procedure?
Aftercare procedure may very depending on how your skin reacts to the procedure. Use any of the following products: Vaseline, Grape seed oil, coconut oil, jojoba for 10 days post treatment 2-3 times a day, or whenever dry and itchy. Using Neosporin, bacitracin or other products may cause an allergic reaction on open skin. If you experience any type of redness, irritation or pain stop using the product and phone your technician who will advise you what to do. Follow your aftercare instructions exactly and you will have a beautiful procedure.
- No major beauty treatments for Fourteen (14) days before your consult date.
- No chemical peels 60 days prior and must wait 60 days after procedure.
- Botox treatments should be performed 3 weeks prior to appointment or 3 weeks after procedure.
- *No Sun Beds
- *No Sweating in the gym
- *No Sauna
- *No Makeup on the brow area
- *No Anti Aging creams on the brow area.
- *Do not pick scabs if any appear.
- *Do not itch the brow area or pull the scabs away.
- *Leave brow area alone and let them heal totally for at least 10 days.
- *Avoid getting eyebrows soaked in water. Gently pat with distilled water when cleansing & pat dry as well, once a day.
- Retinols/Retina-A’s, and other anti-aging creams or serums containing acids will fade your permanent makeup prematurely if used before and after healed procedure.
- Use any of the following oils: Grape seed oil, coconut oil, jojoba for 10 days post treatment. It will keep area moisturized and soft during your recovery time. It is recommended a thin layer of this be applied a minimum of Three (3) times per day, until the brows have fully healed. You can apply as often as necessary (this strongly aids the area not to itch or flake)